Thursday 9 July 2009

Further Reading / Listening

A few things to note for those in search of summer reading and listening:

1. Filozofski Vestnik International Edition is online with downloadable PDFs; I'm currently going to be reading through the issue on 'Nothing' although I can also recommend the issue on 'Radical Philosophy?'.

2. 21st Century materialism MP3s from Zagreb - I've been slowly catching up on these, one of the ironies is that no one really seems to be a materialist...

3. Peter Hallward's article on the 'Will of the People' from RP, pdf here (thanks to Daily Humiliation for bringing this to my attention - I bought the issue (I'm not always cheap)).

4. Staff texts from CRMEP at Middlesex.

5. Texts from the QMU Immanence and Materialism conference. I've read Matteo Mandarini's, which I thought was excellent - a model of economy and style (why can't I write / give papers like that?).

6. Parallax Ranciere texts now available here, thanks to prologus for bringing this to my attention.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well put in regards to the lack of a truly materialist position at the Zagreb conference. I found it quite ironic while listening to all the presentations.

ECW said...

Damn you for these links. Now there are things I want to read and listen to that are not the grindstone against which I'm pushing myself. In other words, it is neither a torrent of Michael Jackson's Captain EO nor a book about anarchist terrorism.

Word verification: brawlen. It's sort of a lazy, summer heat kind of street fight. "No big deal. We were just brawlen..."

Benjamin said...

Michael, yes it was strange, I've listened to the discussion MP3s but felt there was hardly any enthusiasm for any form of materialism, Marxian, scientific, or otherwise. As (still) a base materialist myself I felt a little support for materialism wouldn't have gone amiss...

Evan, well I can't understand the attraction of MJ and I'd wait for Mike Davis on anarchist terrorism...

I'm 'lucky' enough to be suffering from summer super-ego inspired boredom / anxiety which forces on me a constant diet of reading to stave off the void of my existence (a boring, dull void as well)